History

History

In 1893 Ottawa Street Methodist Episcopal Church seeded a new church on the west side of Joliet and called it Grace Chapel. The need to expand resulted in the chapel building being cut in half and moved to the corner or Oakland Ave. & Moran Street in 1918. A twenty-foot mid-section was added during the year. In 1958 the church moved to its current church location and built a newer, bigger facility. In 1963 the sanctuary was completed and the church changed its name to Grace United Methodist Church. In 1996 Grace & Ottawa Street United Methodist Churches decided to merge together and worship as one church. In 2000, the church renovated and built onto the existing building. For information on how to join the church, please contact the church office for more information.

Grace Childcare Center

Grace Childcare Center is a state licensed facility, that has been serving the area of Joliet, IL since 1977. The Center provides a developmental and educational program of the highest quality, with attention given to the needs of the child to grow physically, socially, intellectually, and religiously. Contact Tina Mason at 

815-744-8760 or gracechildcare@comcast.net.